Saturday, September 12, 2009

More on this Ahleuchatistas Show, Plus One

Here's the 'plus one': tonight (September 12) at My Favorite Things, our fantastic little Glenwood record shop, 9pm. The lineup is: The Lovely Eggs, Pinche Gringo, Rough Hands, and Cars Can Be Blue. The only one among them I have heard is Rough Hands, and they are way fun, but I am bad at describing the differences between the many rock and rolls. Dave.edu, my lover who is much smarter, says he would describe them as neo-mod, but that makes them sound sortof damp and floppy to me. Which they are not. So go to this show and let me know what descriptions you think would be appropriate.

----------------------

Moving on...

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th, 8:00 pm, at CFBG's 

Headlining:
AHLEUCHATISTAS

I have mentioned in earlier posts how much I love this effing band and really anything its members get involved in. I am very excited about this show. They are difficult to describe in one breath because of the variety of influences that are present in their music, but let's give it a shot: Asheville-based instrumental, experimental/avant garde and improvised rock compositions influenced by jazz and math rock. Or something. Their latest record was released on Tzadik (John Zorn's label!) this month. Visit their website or their Myspace.

With:

ESZETT
Instrumental dynamic progressive rock. Or something like that.

PILOTS
Three-piece instrumental progressive, um, harder rock.

WE ROCK COLLECTIVE
Experimental free improvisation insanity that does not rock at all. Example compositions for the group (by David) pictured below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me notes and tell me stories.