Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh, Julian!



Looking forward to checking up on Mr. Montague's latest work every day has become a regular part of life lately. I get very excited about it. I highly recommend The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification for those of you who understand the joy of bizarre information systems and taxonomies. Maybe sometime I will figure out how to articulate the other thing I love so much about it: what it is that is so eloquent about these images of broken, abandoned, de-purposed commercial waste. But don't hold your breath. You can get it here on Amazon, or see a photostream, or check out the main page and an explanation of the project here


Otherwise, I eagerly keep up with The Montague Projects Blog, where his most recent cataloging enterprise involves scanning and posting graphics from his impressive book collection. If I'm not mistaken, his original goal was to do this every day from February '08 to February '09. Below is one of my favorites from his recent posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me notes and tell me stories.