Thursday, September 10, 2009

Upcoming Shows in Greensboro

You know, I am really bitter about how nobody seems to be able to get it the fuck together to start a comprehensive calendar list of shows and other happenings here. It's depressing, really. I have heard people talk about doing it, and I've talked about doing it, but I'm just not sure how to get started making the connections. I always hear about things after they happen, because I happen to be a little too much of a homebody to stay up-to-date on all the fliers that pass over the windows of College Hill...and wherever else people put them. I just like to go to shows and want to know when and where they're happening. I would be happy to do it myself. Tips, anyone?

HEAR YE, HEAR YE.

Tomorrow night, September 11th (Um, never forget? Woo hoo Firefighters? Freedom? Patriot Act?) at CFBGs... I will be playing bicycle with We Rock Collective, the wacky improvisers. I am listening to them practice--not sure if that's the right word--their other pieces right now, and it sounds...well, crazy. Come on out.

Also playing is Rocket Science, made up of Adam Sunshine and David's little, tiny, baby brother Andy. That's Andy down below. I wish I could tell whether Adam is as brilliant a songwriter as I suspect he may be, but I can't hear what the hell that mushmouth is saying. Adam, if you're reading this, WRITE IT DOWN! (Please.) I'll also be hearing Andy's songs for the first time.

Hooray for Max and for his venue. Do check out the website too because apparently, the proprietor of CFBGs is also running for city council. Hm. Anyhow, we like the space there. Brownbagging is allowed, which means, among other things, that punks can get drunk.

All told, it may be a very short show with very few people there. Such is the nature of innovation in a town with very little space for that sort of thing. Well, I guess there is plenty of space. Wide open, empty space. Crickets, chirping birds, cicadas, and all that.

Be there around 9.

--------------------

HEAR YE AGAIN.

Saturday, September 26th, 8:30 pm at CFBGs:

Ahleuchatistas
Ezsett
Pilots
and We Rock Collective

...Holy crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me notes and tell me stories.