Friday, September 18, 2009

Re-Photography: Pomo Orgasmo



I have a crush on this blog, Re-Photography. Their little manifesto reads, "Appreciation of the photographic moving image that is from elsewhere, a grab, a microexpression that we make a still of, revealing the scratch, the scan line, the layering, the double, the blur, the skew." 

The concept, of course, is to post images that are reconstituted from originals. There are photos of photos, or photos of television frames. Despite the differences in content, the longer I stare at reams of these images, the more the whole collection starts to seem like random snatches from a great sea of undifferentiated static. Each one seems somehow forlorn, or perhaps foreboding, but all together, they seem to me like a horde of sad ghosts, profoundly arbitrary and vacuous. Alright, now that I've maxed out my touchy-feely bullshit allowance for the day, you should just go see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me notes and tell me stories.