Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Tranny Ecuadorian Soul of Bosch Returns, and Happy Birthday Anne

I'll start by directing you to a good thing. First, I have to say thanks to Grace of Design*Sponge, Peter of Blend Photography, and Rachel of School House for the permissions to use your work in this blog. I'll be posting about Peter and Rachel soon.

Back to the treats. Design*Sponge has released some free desktop wallpapers by Lena Corwin and Deanne Cheuk that are just precious (as my great aunt Sarah Jane would say). You can get them here. Check out this manic thing, which I think looks like a girly 'Busy World of Richard Scarry' type of landscape, or like bizarre, half-comprehending cave drawings made by a Cro-Magnon whiz kid after visiting the future...
 
The others from August are nice too. Very over-the-top decorative floral print jobbies that rather remind me of what might have happened if Hieronymous Bosch had had a queenish side. I can just see the decorating show potential there.

Speaking of art that can easily be mistaken for the products of heavy drug use, check out Helado Negro. David and I saw them play last night at a free production by WUAG at the amazing space over at Lyndon Street Artworks. It would be hard to catch me describing anything this way normally, but this is some groovy, spacious Latin soul. Of course, David and I were wishing that the improvised parts had been longer.

Off to teach some English. I'll let you know how our dinner date for Anne's birthday went. (That's my mother out-law.) I am going to be in trouble with my second class of the day if I don't manage to grade their essays before they get there, so it's bound to be a busy day with no breaks. Yikes. Off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me notes and tell me stories.